Weekly study8 hours
How do Leaders Develop?
Recognising the need for leadership development whilst nurturing new leaders
Firstly, this course will encourage you to develop key skills for the 21st century leader including problem solving leading to informed decisions and resilience. These skills are paramount in the evolving world of healthcare.
You will consider the methods used to develop leaders in global healthcare settings including the NHS. It will enable you to understand the diverse responsibilities of a modern healthcare leadership role.
Lastly, during this course you will have the opportunity to apply your learning from the module by producing a Personal Development Plan using goal setting techniques.
- Different approaches by organisations in developing leaders and managers
- Use of competency frameworks and models (NHS)
- Critical skills needed by the 21st century healthcare leader
- Goal setting and personal development planning
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand how organisations develop their leaders
- Compare and contrast different leadership development methods
- Critically appraise leadership development in global healthcare
- Apply techniques required to be a modern healthcare leader
- Apply goal setting and Personal Development Planning principles
Who is the course for?
Students who are healthcare professionals and administrators wishing to progress into middle or senior management role, as well as policy makers, executives, consultants and service providers in the health sector.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.