Ideas for a Better World: Leading Change Through Policymaking
Duration 4 weeks
Weekly study 2 hours
Digital upgrade Free
Become a leader and start making a difference in the world through policymaking
Policy change can affect billions of lives. What if you could create policies to enhance societies, transform lives and change the impact we have on the world? On this course supported by the Møller Institute at Churchill College, University of Cambridge, you will build knowledge and awareness about policymaking and leadership.
You will learn from global policy experts and hear innovative perspectives from policy leaders creating change all around the world. Listen to guest speakers from the United Nations, UK House of Lords, and The Elders, and learn to create your own policy action plan.
What topics will you cover?
Turning passion into policy
- What is policy?
- Who makes policy change?
- How to use passion and purpose
- Your role in making policy change
Learning from experts
- Hearing from experts, world leaders and young people who have made change in the world
Insight and evidence
- Evidence in policymaking
- How to use evidence
- Different kinds of evidence
- Policy creation processes
Collaborating and influencing
- Policy making tactics
- “Policy windows” and the best time to take action
- What are stakeholders?
- How to understand and influence others to make change
- Communication and influence
- How to define and communicate your “vision” for change
Creating your policy action plan
- Actions, tools and tactics to help you plan your policy
- How to achieve long-term impact
- Key things to consider as you are planning your path to change
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at people who see themselves as future leaders in the field of policymaking.
Who will you learn with?
British Council are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLPolicyLeaders to talk about this course on social media.