Weekly study2 hours
Ideas for a Better World: Leading Change Through Policymaking
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Become a leader and start making a difference in the world through policymaking
Policy change can affect billions of lives. What if you could create policies to enhance societies, transform lives and change the impact we have on the world? On this course you will build knowledge and awareness about policymaking and leadership.
You will learn from global policy experts and hear innovative perspectives from policy leaders creating change all around the world. Listen to guest speakers from the United Nations, UK House of Lords, and The Elders, and learn to create your own policy action plan.
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the passion which drives your ambition to shape policy change
- Reflect on how your policy idea ties in to your wider purpose
- Explore what policy is and how it can lead to change in wider society
- Assess the importance of different types of evidence in creating policy
- Identify who your stakeholders are and learn how to influence them effectively
- Develop your confidence and skills around policy leadership
- Design an action plan that will set your policy idea in motion
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at people who see themselves as future leaders in the field of policymaking.
Who developed the course?
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million people overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.