Welcome to the course
You may have met us if you participated in our ‘Digital Accessibility: Enabling Participation in the Information Society’ course last year. This course will be available on FutureLearn again from 8th October, 2018.
Your online mentoring team
You can follow them by selecting the links to their FutureLearn profile pages and selecting ‘follow’. That way, you’ll be able to see all the comments that they make.
Week 1: Creating inclusive learning practices
- Introduction to inclusive learning
- Students and staff perception of inclusive learning
- How inclusive learning practices differ from individual adjustments
- Design and creation of inclusive teaching and learning materials
Week 2: Developing inclusive learning environments
- Using technology to improve accessibility of delivering teaching materials
- Inclusive library services
- Inclusivity in science, practical sessions and fieldwork
- Setting inclusive assignments and assessments
Week 3: Encouraging inclusive collaborative learning opportunities
- Planning for inclusive collaboration learning activities
- Encouraging inclusive opportunities for shared learning activities
- Ensuring online activities are inclusive to all
This course was funded through the European Union ERASMUS+ grant program
Like ‘Digital Accessibility’, this course has been funded through MOOCAP (MOOC Accessibility Partnership) by the ERASMUS+ grant program of the European Union under grant no. 2014-1-DE01-KA203-000679. The MOOCAP Coordinator is Prof Dr Gottfried Zimmermann, Stuttgart Media University (HdM). MOOCAP has eight partners from across Europe:
Dublin Institute of Technology, HdM Stuttgart, Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus, Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, Technische Universität Dresden, Πανεπιστήμιο Αιγαίου (University of the Aegean), Université Paris 8 Vincennes Saint-Denis and the University of Southampton.
© University of Southampton 2017