Explore the research methodology and methods required for your research project
Your methodology determines how you will go about gathering evidence and analysing it, in order to answer your research question. This course covers quality, ethics, selecting your methodology, and gathering and analysing evidence.
During this course you will cover the following topics:
- The link between methods and research design
- The criteria for judging research quality
- Practical advice on using different research methods
- Issues of ethics in research, and how to avoid them
This is supported through the following activities:
- Considering how you will ensure your research has rigour and will demonstrate quality
- Investigating the ethics requirements in relation to your research methods
- Selecting and justifying a methodology for your independent research project
- Listing the data and evidence you need, including the reasons for it, what resources you need, and how long each piece of evidence would take to collect
Who is the course for?
Postgraduate students undertaking their final project.