Writing up your independent research project
This short course examines the typical sections of an independent research project report and what each section should include. The course covers what makes a good report, and advice is provided on how to write well, including tailoring it to the needs of the intended audience, developing a writing plan, and following good habits.
During this course you will cover the following topics:
- Examine what sections should be present in an independent research project report and what content they should cover
- Discuss practical advice on writing strategies
- Identify criteria for recognising good project writing
This is supported through the following activities:
- Considering the different audiences for your written work and how they might judge its quality and usefulness
- Reviewing your writing plan to ensure you have enough time for everything
- Identifying what sections or chapters your independent research project should be divided into, what each one should contain, and how much each is worth
Who is the course for?
Postgraduate students undertaking their final project.