Weekly study8 hours
The Individual and Teams: Teamwork, Leadership and Motivation
Discover why teamwork and individual contributions are not equal
This course will explore the characteristics of an individual’s personality within the context of teamwork, focusing on themes such as motivation, personality traits, leadership, team development, ethics, and health and safety.
You will develop an understanding of the importance of teams in construction organisations and their characteristics, as well as the role of an individual’s personality in the context of teamwork. You will examine the processes that contribute to effective teams, and study the phases of team development in the construction industry.
- The role of individuals and groups in organisations
- Team development
- Team working
- Leadership and styles
- Motivational techniques
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the characteristics of an individual’s personality
- Evaluate the importance of teams in construction organisations and their characteristics
- Explore the phases of team development
- Discuss the meaning of motivation and explore different motivational techniques used within construction organisations
- Explore the meaning of leadership and explore different approaches to leadership
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at students looking to explore the characteristics of the individual’s personality, and for those wishing to gain an understanding of the importance of teams in a construction organisation
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.