Have baby boomers had it all? Can we create a fair deal for everyone? Find out
From religious leaders to heads of state, everyone is talking about economic inequality. But what form does this take in different countries? What impact does it have on society? And why does it matter to you?
This online course will explore these growing concerns about wealth and income inequality.
You’ll scrutinise claims that the baby boomer generation has had it all, while social and political changes have left younger generations struggling.
You’ll examine the causes and implications of growing economic inequalities and what individuals, communities and governments can do about them.
What topics will you cover?
- What is meant by ‘inequality’ and how it is measured.
- Comparisons of inequality across countries, different groups of people and generations.
- Why inequality matters.
- Controversies around inequality.
- The causes, consequences, nature and impact of inequality, particularly with regard to housing and pensions.
- The implications of inequality for individual financial planning for home ownership and retirement saving.
- Potential actions that individuals, communities and wider society can take to reduce inequality.
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
The course does not assume any prior knowledge of economics and can be enjoyed by anyone interested in social issues.
Who will you learn with?
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLInequality18 to talk about this course on social media.