- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $74
Using Infection Control to Combat Antimicrobial Resistance
Get practical guidance on infection control in health and social care settings
This online course will explore the growing problem of antimicrobial-resistant infections in health and social care settings.
You’ll find out how infectious diseases are acquired and spread, and how this contributes to the global risk of antimicrobial resistance.
The course will enable you to understand why effective infection control measures will allow us to combat the growing problem of antimicrobial resistant infections. It will also offer practical guidance on how to protect patients, clients and residents from acquiring healthcare-associated infections.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the growing global problem of antimicrobial resistance and its significance in a health and social care settings
- Discuss how infections and antimicrobial resistance can be acquired and spread in health and social care settings
- Discuss the microbiological aspects of antimicrobial infection
- Identify, develop and design practical steps to protect, patients, residents, clients and health/social care staff from infections
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for health and social care professionals who are involved in the day-to-day care of clients, residents and patients.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLinfectioncontrol to talk about this course on social media.