Outlining learning objectives
What do you expect? Reflecting on the course design in light of your experiences, needs, and expectations is important for gaining the most from the coming weeks. The course learning objectives are listed here for your consideration.
Upon completion of this five-week online course, we hope that you will:
- see the need and importance of learning and exploring intercultural communication
- develop an awareness of your own cultural identities and an appreciation for others’
- be able to recognize cultural variations in communication styles
- understand how categories of cultural values might underlie different behaviors
- become more aware of culture shock and how we can become adaptable in intercultural interactions
At the beginning, we think it might help you to reflect on what you currently think about some of these topics, and have prepared a brief survey (this should only take you 5-10 minutes). Please click on this link , provide your responses, and then return to this step and let us know your comments.
Which of these topics seem most interesting or relevant to you? We’re looking forward to knowing how this course might meet some of your felt needs or expectations, and those of our learner community. Please share your comments and reply to others as this contributes much to our learning experience!
A certificate is available on this course
Speaking of expectations, if you complete the majority of the steps in this course, you will be eligible to purchase a Statement of Participation, a personalised certificate in both digital and printed formats - to show that you’ve taken part. So let’s get started in working toward our shared goals of learning together in this course! Your comments and replies to others truly contribute!
© Shanghai International Studies University