What topics will you cover?
- Defining the features of an Internet of Things product
- The evolution and transformation of the Internet of Things
- The technology components required to create an Internet of Things product
- The pros and cons of the emerging wireless connectivity ecosystem
- Open data, data analytics and the privacy implications of the Internet of Things
- Developing your own Internet of Things product or service idea
- Creating a business model for an Internet of Things company
- Understanding IoT security issues
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for practising engineers, industrialists, researchers and entrepreneurs who are interested in the fundamentals, impact and potentials of the Internet of Things. The course will also be valuable for those with a general interest in the Internet of Things, M2M (Machine to Machine) and Industry 4.0.
You’ll need to have some basic knowledge of technology, wireless communications and how markets function. However, no detailed knowledge is required, as advanced concepts exposed in this course will be explained in sufficient detail.
Note that in the spirit of massive open online courses, this course does not substitute detailed technical learning materials. The aim of this course is to provide sufficient overview in IoT technology, data and business, and to inspire. When appropriate, we will provide more detailed technical information as additional study material.
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £49.00
Statement of Participation £34.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLiot to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course