Become an Internet of Things wizard with this stimulating online course
Entrepreneurs love it, large corporations love it, universities and now even governments love it – welcome to the exciting and emerging world of the Internet of Things (IoT). Decades ago, we connected computers and got today’s powerful Internet. In the last few years, we started to connect everyday objects using machine-to-machine (M2M) technologies, to create the Internet of Things. But what does this really mean to you, your company and your country? What are the possibilities it offers, and the threats it poses? To become an IoT wizard, join this stimulating online course.
What topics will you cover?
- Defining the features of an Internet of Things product
- The evolution and transformation of the Internet of Things
- The technology components required to create an Internet of Things product
- The pros and cons of the emerging wireless connectivity ecosystem
- Open data, data analytics and the privacy implications of the Internet of Things
- Developing your own Internet of Things product or service idea
- Creating a business model for an Internet of Things company
- Understanding IoT security issues
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the opportunities and challenges of Internet of Things development
- Discuss the impact of the Internet of Things on society and everyday life
- Evaluate different modes of IoT connectivity in terms of their advantages and disadvantages
- Identify important characteristics of IoT platforms and user interfaces
- Reflect on the security and privacy questions posed by the Internet of Things
- Produce a business model for building, marketing and pitching an IoT product idea
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for practising engineers, industrialists, researchers and entrepreneurs who are interested in the fundamentals, impact and potentials of the Internet of Things. The course will also be valuable for those with a general interest in the Internet of Things, M2M (Machine to Machine) and Industry 4.0.
You’ll need to have some basic knowledge of technology, wireless communications and how markets function. However, no detailed knowledge is required, as advanced concepts exposed in this course will be explained in sufficient detail.
Note that in the spirit of massive open online courses, this course does not substitute detailed technical learning materials. The aim of this course is to provide sufficient overview in IoT technology, data and business, and to inspire. When appropriate, we will provide more detailed technical information as additional study material.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLiot to talk about this course on social media.