Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Introducing Assessment for Learning
Guided by leading experts in assessment for learning, on this course you’ll discover how to gauge your learners’ understanding, so that you can better progress their learning.
You’ll discover how you can create a classroom culture that allows difficult ideas to surface, revealing student misconceptions and allowing you to tailor your teaching to your students. You will learn the key principles of assessment for learning, before exploring two approaches in more detail.
- Key principles of assessment for learning
- Intentional dialogue as a form of evidence of students’ understanding
- Hinge-point questions to respond to students’ learning
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the main principles of assessment for learning
- Reflect on the role of intentional dialogue in supporting teaching in a formative way
- Develop your use of hinge-point questions to elicit evidence from students
- Collaborate with peers, educators and mentors to try out activities and share thinking, in order to develop your teaching practice
Who is the course for?
This course is for teachers, curriculum leaders, teaching assistants, newly qualified teachers, trainee teachers and others involved in the education of young people. It’s suitable for educators working in primary, secondary or further education (ages 5-19 years).
Examples are provided from STEM subjects, but the principles will apply to other disciplines.
Learn to use evidence-based approaches to formative assessment to develop your responsiveness and improve your teaching skills.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends