Discover the basics of 3D modelling and bring your imagination to life by animating your creations with Blender.
Weekly study2 hours
Premium course$14What's included?
Introduction to 3D Animation using Blender
Unleash your creativity with 3D modelling and animation
3D animation is everywhere; in games, movies, commercials, and the industry is growing exponentially. It’s also more accessible now, with tools and training available to everyone, like the free 3D computer graphics software Blender.
This course from VR Voom will introduce you to 3D modelling and animation using Blender. Whether you’re looking to use animation for personal projects or to move into a creative professional career, this course will teach you the skills to start your animation journey.
Create your first 3D animation using Blender
As you progress through the course, you’ll build and animate different 3D models on their own, such as a bouncing ball and a simple character. This will prepare you to take your skills to the next level.
For your final project, you’ll let your imagination run wild by creating your own 3D environment with full character models for you to animate, bringing your masterpiece to life.
Explore the key differences between 3D and 2D animation
You’ll start by understanding how 3D animation differs from 2D animation, looking at the benefits and limitations of both.
You’ll then dive into the basics of 3D animation, from what it is and where it’s used to 3D models and rigs. This will lay the groundwork for creating your own 3D animations
Learn the basics of 3D modelling in Blender
This practical course will take you through how to use Blender to create 3D models. You’ll learn the basics of 3D modelling, from what a 3D mesh is to how polygons affect the detail of a 3D object.
Once you have the basics, you’ll move on to creating your own models in Blender. To begin with, you’ll create a simple house, step-by-step, moulding objects into the required shapes and moving them into place, before tackling more complex creations.
What topics will you cover?
- The differences between 3D and 2D.
- Basic 3D knowledge.
- Basic 3D modelling
- Understanding animation principles.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed as a complete introduction to 3D modelling and 3D animation. You don’t need to have any previous experience in either field as the course will take you through each step of the process.
What software or tools do you need?
For this course, you’ll need a laptop or desktop computer with the capabilities to run Blender. The software is free so there are no additional charges.
Who will you learn with?
Assembling great minds together to provide digital technologies’ solutions and pathways to schools, and beyond. Leading the way to discover new technologies to empower education through R&D endeavours
This is a premium course. These courses are designed for professionals from specific industries looking to learn with a smaller group of like-minded individuals.
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you're eligible
- Download and print your Certificate of Achievement anytime
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
More courses you might like
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.