- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Digital upgradeFree
Introduction to Business Management
Explore what it means to be a business manager
On this course, you’ll develop a range of business management skills relevant to your life, university study or the world of work.
You’ll learn how to use and apply useful business concepts, tools and terminology whilst exploring four key aspects of business management: managing money, managing people, managing information, and - most importantly – managing and understanding yourself.
You’ll learn to communicate professionally in common business situations. You’ll reflect on your own management and leadership style and consider the concepts of success, sustainability, and social responsibility.
- Managing yourself: introduction to management and leadership styles.
- Managing money and key financial concepts, including the implications of various sources of finance and the relative importance of cash flow and profit.
- Managing people, stakeholder management and professional communication.
- Managing Information: different information types and key information management issues.
- The roles businesses play in the lives of people and communities, and social responsibility.
- Aspects of growth and the effects of success.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply a range of business concepts, tools and terminology to common business situations
- Explain the importance of business management for you and your community
- Identify your own skills, interests and ideas, and how you can continue to develop them
- Explore opportunities and challenges of working with others: including collaboration, listening to others, feedback, negotiation
- Explain the important aspects of a business idea to potential customers and investors
- Reflect on what you’ve learnt and how you will apply this now
Who is the course for?
This course is supported by UK Aid - Strategic Partnerships for Higher Education, Innovation and Reform.
This course is designed for refugees, displaced people and the communities supporting them in the MENA (Middle East and Northern Africa) region who wish to study a Business Management related course at a university in English.
It has been created as part of the PADILEIA project, which aims to increase access to higher education and employment.
However, this course will also be of interest to anyone looking to develop their Business Management skills and foundational knowledge, as well as their English language and communication skills in a business setting.
We recommend learners have a minimum of CEFR B1 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) to get the most from this course.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.