This course is part of the Marketing Strategy with Advertising Week and Raja Rajamannar ExpertTrack
Content Marketing Strategy with Advertising Week
Learn content marketing strategy from the best in the business, with insights from Nike, Goop, Glossier, Burger King and more.
Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/monthFind out more
Content Marketing Strategy with Advertising Week
This course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles. Find out more.
Create a strategic content marketing plan that gets your brand noticed
Using case studies from some of the world’s biggest brands, this two-week course will equip you with the content marketing skills and know-how to create engaging, targeted marketing content that works.
Learn the rules of strategic content creation with insights from Nike, Burger King, Etsy and more
Strategic marketing content is responsive, both to the needs of its audience as well as the wider context of society and culture.
This course will help you to identify what types of content marketing are right for your organisation.
Leading by example, you’ll explore how Burger King and Etsy have created a content marketing strategy that appeals directly to their customers, and hear from the marketing experts at Nike on how they adapted their content strategy in response to the coronavirus pandemic to build an entirely online fitness community.
Analyse innovative content marketing examples from Goop, Glossier, Siemens, Buzzfeed, and Chipotle
Through case studies and interviews with business founders like Gwenyth Paltrow at Goop, you’ll observe content marketing in action in a wide range of industries, from beauty to tech, and identify why and how it’s successful.
Be it thought leadership pieces, TikTok videos, or whitepapers, you’ll explore a variety of content marketing ideas and formats, and learn how to channel your learnings into creating marketing content that reaches and resonates with your target market.
Set and exceed your content marketing goals
As well as learning how to create great content, you’ll learn how to define and set goals for your content that align with your content marketing strategy.
By the end of the course, you’ll have mastered the skills to create a strategic content marketing plan and imaginative, targeted content to rival the best in business.
What topics will you cover?
- What is content marketing?
- Why do content marketing?
- What are the different types of content marketing?
- How do I reach customers?
- Planning a content marketing strategy
Prove you're job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess what types of content marketing might be right for you
- Investigate choices in content marketing formats
- Develop understanding of where to experiment with content creation and where to plan
- Describe your content goals
- Produce your peer-assessed structured content marketing plan
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those beginning a career in marketing who’d like to build their skills in content marketing.
It will also be useful for those already working in marketing who haven’t specialised in content marketing previously, as well as SMEs who want to create content marketing but don’t have a dedicated marketing team.
Who will you learn with?
Managing director for global education at Advertising Week. I run our thought leadership and our learning platform AWLearn.
A supporting educator for the course is Brendan Porter, a practitioner and constantly curious consumer of marketing. Working across a variety of industries including hospitality, CPG and entertainment
Who developed the course?
AWLearn is the education arm of Advertising Week. Advertising Week is a global thought leadership organization. The AWLearn philosophy is that all our courses and learning follow the same philosophy: Educate, Entertain, Enable. This means our courses offer the educational oversight on a particular topic; we use real-life entertaining case studies featuring professionals who already do these jobs; and show you the tactics that will enable you to get ahead in your career.
Start learning today - free 7-day trial
After your free trial you can:
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.