Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Digital Marketing: Content Marketing
Improve your digital marketing alongside experts in the field
Digital marketing is an increasingly busy space where audiences are bombarded with messages across numerous channels. How do you cut through the noise?
This two-week course is your step-by-step guide to creating a best practice approach to content marketing that aligns with user journeys and personas, creating a value-driven approach to digital marketing.
Create content your consumers will respond to
You’ll learn invaluable tools and techniques to help you create the right content, on the right channel, and at the right time. Critically, you’ll discover how to align your audiences’ needs with your organisational goals.
By the end of this course, you’ll understand how content marketing can help you to drive engagement and nurture your consumers. You’ll discover a range of best practices to engage new customers and build loyalty with your existing customers.
Understand your audience to master your content marketing
To get content marketing right, you need to get to know your audience and what channels they use. This course will show you how to identify what content your consumers need to make decisions, what they find engaging, and what content they most want to interact with. Not only that, you’ll know how to create better and more valuable content than your competitors.
Designed by digital marketing experts, Target Internet with The Open University
You’ll develop your skills with expert practitioner Daniel Rowles, CEO of Target Internet, who is an award-winning author and voice of the Digital Marketing Podcast. He’s worked with leading brands such as the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Mercedes and L’Oreal and Warner Bros.
- What is content marketing?
- Identify the challenges of content marketing
- Learn how to align content marketing with stages of the user journey and personas
- Content marketing channel considerations
- Best practice content marketing
- Content marketing optimisation
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the role of content within digital marketing
- Create a value driven approach to digital marketing that aligns content marketing with user journeys and personas
- Demonstrate your understanding of how to create content that aligns user, channel, and organisational objectives
- Demonstrate your understanding of how to take an iterative approach to content marketing based on content optimisation and analytics analysis
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who would like to increase their awareness and understanding of digital marketing. You don’t need any prior digital marketing knowledge, although any work experience will help contextualise and enhance your learning.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends