Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Digital Marketing in Perspective
Gain sought-after skills from digital marketing experts
Developments in digital media and technologies have dramatically changed the way businesses of all sizes engage and build relationships with their consumers.
On this two-week course, you’ll gain the confidence to respond to the opportunities and challenges of a digital world and have a positive impact on your organisation and career.
Discover how core marketing principles can help your digital strategy
While the speed, availability, and functionality of marketing tools continue to change and develop, there are many core marketing principles that can help you to plan your digital marketing campaigns. This course will guide you through those principles and help you in your shift to digital.
You’ll discover critical tools and techniques that will help you plan effective campaigns and activity that resonates with your audience, and creates results for your business.
Learn to keep pace with digital trends and developments
You’ll explore the latest trends in digital marketing and how technology is driving change and innovation. Importantly, you’ll be able to understand what that means for your audiences and their journey with your organisation.
Designed by digital marketing experts, Target Internet with The Open University
You’ll develop your skills with expert practitioner Daniel Rowles, CEO of Target Internet, who is an award-winning author and voice of the Digital Marketing Podcast. He’s worked with leading brands such as the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Mercedes, L’Oreal and Warner Bros.
By the end of the course, you’ll understand the fundamentals of digital marketing, and have a clear focus on your business objectives and how they align with those of your audience.
- What is digital marketing?
- Growth in digital adoption and constant change
- Audience attention and noise
- Technology driving change and innovation
- Latest trends in digital marketing
- Focussing on objectives and the user journey
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the core concepts and role of digital marketing
- Demonstrate an understanding of the latest trends and technologies that are driving change in digital marketing
- Reflect on the level of noise and constant change within digital marketing
- Apply core marketing principles to make sure you focus on your organisational objectives and take a user centric approach
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who would like to increase their awareness and understanding of digital marketing. You don’t need any prior digital marketing knowledge, although any work experience will help contextualise and enhance your learning.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends