Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Digital Marketing: Marketing Channel Objectives
Gain essential skills to improve your digital marketing performance
Do you feel like you move from one marketing activity to the next without really knowing what you achieved? You’re not alone. In fact, the majority of digital marketing is carried out on an ad-hoc basis.
This two-week course explores how you can use digital marketing to effectively drive your organisational outcomes and constantly improve your digital marketing activity.
Align and measure your organisational objectives for success
Even if you are clear about your organisational objectives, that doesn’t mean they are in line with those of your target audience. This course will show you how to apply tools and techniques to help you understand how to achieve what you want for your organisation, while aligning with your target audience personas and user journeys.
You’ll be able to create objectives that can be measured far beyond vanity metrics such as followers and likes. Whilst these volume-based measures may have their place in an overall approach, a focus on core objectives can help you get the most from your digital marketing activity and enable you to make well-informed decisions on channel selection.
Learn how to use a data-driven approach to drive your strategy
You’ll discover how to take a data-driven approach to digital marketing by setting appropriate objectives within your web analytics and have clarity on your different levels of objectives. You’ll be able to draw from your range of newly learnt skills to create successful end-to-end campaigns and activities.
Designed by digital marketing experts, Target Internet with The Open University
Lead Educator Daniel Rowles is an award-winning author and voice of the Digital Marketing Podcast. He’s provided expertise to the likes of the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal and Warner Bros.
- How to align digital marketing objectives with organisational and audience objectives
- The danger of vanity metrics and why they persist
- Primary, secondary, and tertiary objectives
- Channel analytics and web analytics for objectives
- Going beyond the last click
- How to use objectives for campaign iteration and optimisation
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain how objectives create effective digital marketing
- Demonstrate how to avoid setting the wrong objectives and the risk of vanity metrics
- Describe how to align business and target audience objectives
- Discuss how to take an iterative approach to digital marketing using an objective-based approach
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who would like to increase their awareness and understanding of digital marketing. You don’t need any prior digital marketing knowledge, although any work experience will help contextualise and enhance your learning.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends