Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Digital Marketing: Personas and User Journeys
Discover how you can capture the attention of your target audience
In a world where digital marketing is constantly evolving and changing, it is harder than ever to gain the attention of your audience.
On this two-week course, you’ll learn how to develop marketing plans that put your organisation in the right place, at the right time for your audience. You’ll learn how to optimise your digital activity to ensure its impact is always maximised, so you can be sure you’ll get ahead of your competitors.
Explore user-centred design to keep your consumers at the heart of your planning
In any digital marketing planning, it is essential that you focus on understanding your target audience and their journey online. This course will help you develop critical knowledge of user personas and user journey mapping techniques that allow you to do exactly that.
You’ll discover the essential core principles of user-centred design and apply them to personas and user journeys. This is crucial to keep your target audience at the heart of your digital marketing activity. Once you become familiar with these, they’ll allow you to build digital marketing plans that align your audience objectives with your business goals.
Designed by digital marketing experts, Target Internet with The Open University
Lead Educator Daniel Rowles, CEO of Target Internet, is an award-winning author and the voice of the Digital Marketing Podcast. A leading practitioner, you’ll gain insights from his years of experience working with brands such as BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal and Warner Bros.
You’ll learn through engaging videos and activities that will help you cement your knowledge in digital marketing and allow you to apply what you’ve learnt to your work straight away.
- What are personas in digital marketing?
- Developing personas for digital marketing
- Using and refining personas
- What are user journey maps in digital marketing?
- User journey mapping for digital marketing
- Using user journey maps to create best practice digital marketing
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain your understanding of the user centred design concepts of user personas and user journey mapping
- Describe how applying the principles of personas and user journey mapping lead to a user centric approach to digital marketing
- Reflect on the importance of an iterative approach to digital marketing with a user centric focus
- Discuss how the alignment of user objectives and organisational objectives can lead to highly effective digital marketing
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who would like to increase their awareness and understanding of digital marketing. You don’t need any prior digital marketing knowledge, although any work experience will help contextualise and enhance your learning.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends