Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Introduction to Digital Transformation: Transformation Insights and Case Studies
Explore real-world digital transformation case studies
There’s learning in both the success and failure of digital transformation efforts.
On this two-week course, you’ll delve into the insights and experiences of organisations that have succeeded or struggled in their digital transformation efforts.
Using case studies of digital transformations from a range of organisations, you’ll hear what helped or impeded their digital transformation success, including successes you can replicate and mistakes to avoid.
Investigate case studies across all ten digital capability areas
The insights, interviews and case studies align with the ten key areas of digital capability that research has shown are most likely to drive or cause challenges within a digital transformation. Using real-world examples, you’ll learn how leadership, team ability, market readiness, resources, strategy, governance, infrastructure, measurement, financial and innovation capabilities have impacted the success of organisations’ digital transformation strategies.
This will help surface important questions that will inform your own strategy. Does the team have the necessary skills to implement effective digital transformation activity? Does your digital strategy align with your overall business objectives and transformation strategy? Do you have measurement frameworks to judge the success of your digital transformation efforts?
Develop your digital transformation skillset with The Open University and Target Internet
This course is created by The Open University in collaboration with Target Internet’s Managing Director Daniel Rowles. By the end of this course, you’ll have a more practical understanding of transformation success and failure factors, and how different challenges can be overcome.
- Practical transformation success and failure factors
- The digital transformation capability factors
- Digital transformation interviews
- Digital transformation case studies
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Analyse the common factors in transformation success and failure
- Understand how the key factors of digital capability affect a range of types and sizes of organisations
- Understand how different challenges within digital transformation can be overcome
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for anyone who would like to develop their understanding and confidence in digital transformation. You don’t need any prior digital transformation knowledge to join, although any work experience will help contextualise and enhance your learning.
This course is delivered and explained in a way that’s suitable for beginners or those with some experience of digital transformation.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends