How can job satisfaction be increased?
Finally, let’s take a look at employee job satisfaction.
Promoting employee job satisfaction can be achieved by companies making sure that:
- Their policies illustrate all employees are treated in an equal and fair way
- They ensure safe working conditions and have appropriate equipment to perform tasks
- They recognise individual achievement and ensure employee person-job fit
- They allow employees a level of autonomy, where the individuals are responsible for their work and the method of completing it
- They offer employee benefits including competitive salary, pension and work-life policies.
(Steptoe-Warren 2013: 179-180)
Can you think of any further ways to promote employee satisfaction? If so, post them in the comments area.
Steptoe-Warren, G. (2013) Occupational Psychology: An Applied Approach [online] Harlow: Pearson. available from https://locate.coventry.ac.uk/primo-explore/fulldisplay?docid=COV_ALMA2137394840002011&context=L&vid=COV_VU1&search_scope=LSCOP_COV&tab=local&lang=en_US [10th May 2019]
© Coventry University. CC BY-NC 4.0