Develop your knowledge of the basics of the Irish language
Ireland is home to one of the oldest living languages in Europe.
This course follows the course Irish 101: An Introduction to Irish Language and Culture.
On this course, you’ll improve your understanding of basic spoken words, phrases and dialogues in Irish.
You’ll learn how to discuss the weather, tell the time and expand your language awareness.
You’ll explore the vibrant culture of Ireland, by learning about Irish place-names, the Irish calendar, traditional festivals and the fusion of art, language and culture.
Bígí linn – join us!
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Engage with the Irish language through culture
- Explore Irish script and the use of An Cló Gaelach in manuscripts and printed literature
- Reflect on greetings and blessings in the Irish language
- Describe the weather in its many forms
- Explore the fusion of culture and language in the calendar, days of the week and seasons
- Discuss what clothes you wear, food you eat and what you drink
- Compare clothes and colours
- Debate art as a product of language and culture
- Describe the time and arrange to meet a friend
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at anyone interested in Irish language and culture.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLIrish102 to talk about this course on social media.