Weekly study4 hours
Irish 104: An Introduction to Irish Language and Culture
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Improve your basic conversational Irish whilst delving into Irish culture
Ireland is home to one of the oldest living languages in Europe. This follows the course Irish 103: An Introduction to Irish Language and Culture.
On this course, you’ll improve your understanding of basic spoken words, phrases and dialogues in Irish. You’ll learn how to make arrangements to meet other people, talk about going on holiday and give commands. You’ll also explore the myths and legends of Ireland and the role of women within these stories.
Join now to discover the links between Irish language and contemporary Irish culture and society.
Bígí linn – join us!
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Engage with the Irish language through culture
- Discuss how to make specific arrangements to meet other people
- Describe going on holidays and answer questions regarding the arrangements
- Explain and ask questions regarding other peoples holidays and general arrangements
- Engage with Irish mythical stories and sagas
- Explore and read about the role of women in Irish myths and legends
- Identify and use basic grammatical concepts
- Apply and use commands in different situations
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone, anywhere, who wants to learn Irish. It would also be of use to indigenous learners who wish to recap their language skills.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.