You can record your own playing using a variety of different programs or apps. For this course, I particularly recommend Soundcloud.
- Soundcloud is a free service but you will need to create an account, if you don’t have one already.
- Once you have logged in, you can upload your recording.
- To link your recording to those from other learners on the course use the tag #FLjazzpiano when filling in the Basic Info tab and post a link in the course comments area.
Week 4 exercises
Play 5 choruses of “Things Aint What They used To Be” with a C blues playalong, where:
- Chorus 1: play tune
- Chorus 2: use scalic improvisation
- Chorus 3: use chordal improvisation
- Chorus 4: use motivic improvisation (using the tune as a source)
- Chorus 5: play tune
Same as above for the F blues “Now’s The Time”
Same for the B flat blues “Blue Monk”
© Goldsmiths, University of London