You can record your own playing using a variety of different programs or apps. For this course, I particularly recommend Soundcloud.
- Soundcloud is a free service but you will need to create an account, if you don’t have one already.
- Once you have logged in, you can upload your recording.
- To link your recording to those from other learners on the course use the tag #FLjazzpiano when filling in the Basic Info tab and post a link in the course comments area.
Week 5 exercises
- Play the tune “Inch Worm” in voiced position using the Session chart and lower and upper voicings in the left hand
- Improvise on the 2 chords of the sequence for “Inch Worm” (in F) using the three approaches of (i) scalic (ii) chordal (iii) motivic improvisation
- Improvise over the 2 bar Turnaround (in C)
- Do the same as 2 and 3 above in the flat keys F, Bflat and Eflat
- Do the same as 2 and 3 above in the sharp keys G and D
[Note: You can do all these exercises unaccompanied or consider purchasing iRealB (now called iReal Pro) to produce your own playalong.]
© Goldsmiths, University of London