You can record your own playing using a variety of different programs or apps. For this course, I particularly recommend Soundcloud.
- Soundcloud is a free service but you will need to create an account, if you don’t have one already.
- Once you have logged in, you can upload your recording.
- To link your recording to those from other learners on the course use the tag #FLjazzpiano when filling in the Basic Info tab and post a link in the course comments area.
Week 6 Exercises
- Play 5 choruses of the tune “Blue Room” in voiced position with a playalong and the tune an octave higher to avoid clashing with the left hand, namely
- chorus 1: tune
- chorus 2: scalic improvisation
- chorus 3: chordal (if you can)
- chorus 4: motivic (if you can)
- chorus 5: tune again
- playing two versions with the left hand
- (i) legato on beats 1 and 3
- (ii) stabbed on beats 1 and 3
- Play 2 choruses of the tune “Blue Room” in voiced position twice with a playalong and with the tune in the middle of the piano, using the two versions of the left hand
- (i) legato on beats 1 and 3 in chorus 1
- (ii) stabbed on beats 1 and 3 in chorus 2
- Improvise over the 2 bar Turnaround in the keys Ab, Db, A, E, B and F#
© Goldsmiths, University of London