What makes procurement of construction deliverables different from others
In this short course, we look at time-related events, liquidated damages, extension of time and project manager/contract administrator instructions. We’ll also cover contracting parties’ rights, together with obligations and liabilities in various construction contracts.
During the course, you’ll also have the opportunity to develop a detailed understanding of how to manage specific contractual risks.
Dispute and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms
Procurement routes/strategies and standard forms of contract with reference to JCT 2016 and NEC3
Execution mechanisms – obligations and implications of project managers and contract administrator’s instructions
Implications of sub-contracting
Risks associated with title in contract
Insurance and claims
Certification and payment in contract
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore procurement strategies and contract management
- Develop an understanding of complex contracts such as bespoke contract and letters of intent
- Explore conditions, warranties and terms of contract such as implied and express terms
- Explore JCT forms of contract
- Compare contracting parties’ rights, obligations and liabilities
Who is the course for?
This course is for students who wish to gain a deeper understanding of contracts within the construction industry.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.