Weekly study8 hours
Leading and Managing a Team
Profound team management strategies for modern healthcare leaders
Firstly, this course will raise your awareness of approaches to team building and development.
You will consider the skills and approach required to lead a high performing team and how to manage conflict.
Lastly, this course will furnish you with coaching techniques to communicate effectively and engage teams to perform.
- How do we use teams and groups?
- Types of teams
- What makes a high performing team?
- How to build and develop a team
- How to lead and how to manage modern healthcare teams
- Techniques to resolve conflict (Kilman)
- Using a coaching approach with teams
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand the differences between a team and a group
- Evaluate the elements required for high performing teams
- Appraise methods to build and develop a team including collaboration
- Critically evaluate how to lead and how to manage modern healthcare teams
- Apply conflict resolution techniques to team working
- Explore using a coaching approach within healthcare teams
- Explore ways of giving and receiving constructive feedback from peers
Who is the course for?
Students who are healthcare professionals and administrators wishing to progress into middle or senior management role, as well as policy makers, executives, consultants and service providers in the health sector.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.