Learning Online: Communicating and Collaborating
Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 2 hours
Extra benefits From $39 Find out more
Improve your communication skills when working and learning online
Increasingly, more and more of our learning takes place online.
To make the most of your online learning, it’s important to learn the skills that enable you to communicate and collaborate effectively with others.
On this course, you’ll explore strategies that will help you get the most out of online conversations and share content safely, whilst complying with copyright permissions.
You’ll also learn how to collaborate online with others and explore online tools that will help you manage shared projects, keep track of your interactions, review another person’s work and give or receive feedback online.
What topics will you cover?
- The importance of appropriate online communication, particularly in online learning.
- Netiquette and good online behaviour.
- Tools for sharing information and resources for study.
- The importance and requirements of copyright.
- Collaborative skills for working in group projects online.
- Tools to enable effective online learning.
- Strategies to avoid and resolve common collaborative working issues.
- The role of supportive feedback in collaborative work.
- Strategies for providing constructive feedback to others, and for responding well to the feedback you receive.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for anyone interested in improving their communication and collaboration skills when studying or working in an online environment but will be particularly useful for students at high school level.
This course and the other courses in the Learning Online series provide an excellent foundation for studying the Going to University courses.
The Going to University course collection is created specifically for high school students as well as their teachers who can use these courses as classroom enrichment resources.
Who will you learn with?
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLcommunicatingOnline to talk about this course on social media.