Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $39
Learning Online: Communicating and Collaborating
Online learning is likely to be important for you in the future, either at university or in the workplace. Learning online is different to learning in the classroom as it requires different skills. This course will help you to develop those skills, showing you how to learn and communicate effectively in an online environment.
This course is just one of a series about ‘learning online’, which introduces you to the essential skills and tools you need to study effectively online.
- Learning environments: an introduction to VLEs and MOOCs
- The learning journey and the differences between classroom-based and online learning
- Techniques for learning effectively online
- Using discussions to aid online learning
- Collaborating online: using wikis and other collaborative tools
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess your current level of confidence with learning online.
- Explore the online learning that is available via search engines, video channels and social media.
- Explore more formal online learning environments such as VLEs and contribute to the discussion regarding your experiences.
- Explore MOOCs, and identify the importance of the learning journey and defining personal learning goals.
- Reflect on the factors which help you to learn effectively online.
- Identify the implications of not using online communications effectively.
- Assess your knowledge of learning by video using short quizzes.
- Explore online profiles and understand how to make the most of learning discussion forums.
- Explore the value of working collaboratively with others online by contributing to online discussions.
- Explore tools such as wikis, pinboards and reports to collaborate online.
- Assess your post-course confidence with learning online by participating in the test which concludes the course.
Who is the course for?
This course is part of the Going to University collection which has been specifically designed for students at schools and colleges. They provide a taster of undergraduate study at the University of Leeds and help students to decide which subject to study at university.
Completion of the courses will also enhance students’ university applications.
The courses can also be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource.
Courses in this collection are also great for people that want an introduction in the specific subjects discussed in each course.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.