Long term evaluation
Introducing curriculum linked careers learning is not just about how students respond to a lesson.
In Week 4 you will think more about progression of careers learning over longer periods of time. This may require changes to your scheme of work as well as working collaboratively with other colleagues.
When planning for longer term evaluation, you will need to consider:
- How can you increase your awareness of careers linked to your subject area?
- How can you find out if your student’s aspirations have changed?
- How can you share good practice with colleagues?
- Who can help support you develop careers learning more widely?
- Can you link new approaches to an increase of students choosing STEM subjects as a further study option?
In the previous step, Hayley explained the use of ‘pupil voice’ twice a year as a way of measuring the impact of changes to the curriculum teaching.
How will you measure the impact of introducing careers into the curriculum in the long term? Post your suggestions below.
© National STEM Learning Centre