Experience an Open Day
In the previous Step we mentioned Open Days are a good way to find out more about your chosen university. You can talk to current student and lecturers to help you decide whether you can see yourself going to that university. Watch our 360° video to gain an insight into what an Open Day looks like.
This is an additional video, hosted on YouTube.
We know it might not be possible for everyone to attend open days. Don’t worry, there are plenty of other sources which you can take advantage of. You came across one in the previous Step – where you can speak to current students via a chat platform. Here are some more options to consider:
- Look at student reviews (see under ‘see also’ for some review sites).
- Take a virtual tour of the uni. Try Reading’ virtual tour to see what one of these looks like.
- Or watch university tour videos.
- Follow your university on social media.
- If you have questions about a course or the academic side of things, you can contact lecturers directly.
- Visit universities on a different day to an Open Day if you can’t make it on the set days.
- Reducing the number of universities you want to visit might make the Open Day option more achievable.
Have you already been to an Open Day? What advice would you give to another student who hasn’t attended one yet? What advice would you give to someone who isn’t able to make any Open Days?
© University of Reading