Duration 3 weeks
Weekly study 4 hours
Accreditation Available More info
Understand the psychology of job satisfaction to improve motivation at work
What are the connections between attitudes, motivation, job satisfaction, wellbeing, stress and performance at work?
On this course, you’ll explore humanist ideas of management that emphasise the importance of motivations.
You’ll consider the effects of stress as you develop an understanding of stress models. You’ll reflect on what contributes to stress in the workplace and evaluate the value of stress management interventions.
You’ll finish the course feeling able (and motivated!) to apply your learning to your own management practice.
What topics will you cover?
- An introduction to the course
- The psychological contract and how these are managed
- Job satisfaction
- Causes and impacts of stress
- Stress management within organisations
- Introduction to motivation
- Defining motivation
- Content theories of motivation
- Process theories of motivation
- Encouraging motivation in the workplace
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
Who is the course for?
This course is for entry level managers with no formal management education. You don’t need any knowledge of management theory.
Who will you learn with?
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLmanagingpeople to talk about this course on social media.