Skip to 0 minutes and 1 secondThank you for working your way through the course over the last few weeks. It has been really interesting reading your comments and interacting with you as the course progressed. As we said at the start, the overall goals of this course are to help you reflect on your current laboratory management, and where you can develop, by adding to your toolkit of strategies and techniques to manage students safely. You should also have felt you have built a practical learning environment that facilitates independent learning and resilience to maximise student learning. Do take a moment to complete your self-audit as a record of your professional development and to help you identify where to go next.
Skip to 0 minutes and 49 secondsLinks to related courses from STEM Learning on Managing Behaviour and Teaching Practical Science, and our local and residential courses on practical science, are available below. We look forward to seeing you again online, or in person at the National STEM Learning Centre.
Review of the course
We are now at the end of the course. We would like to thank you for your contributions and sharing of ideas where appropriate.
Weekly reflection grid
Complete your reflection grid for this week.
You should have now met the objectives of the course which were:
- Reflect upon your current laboratory management and identify areas for development.
- Develop your toolkit of strategies and techniques to manage students safely in the laboratory.
- Create a practical learning environment that facilitates independent learning and resilience.
- Design practical lessons to maximise student learning through practical science.
Now it’s time to complete your post-course self-audit task. This will act as a record of your professional development and help you to identify where you wish to go next. When completing the self-audit, there are no right or wrong answers. Answer honestly about where you are now, not where you want to be. Your answers will help you to identify your next steps.
- Access the self-audit task and complete it.
- At the end of the survey, click My responses.
- Click Download as PDF.
- Save the PDF where you will be able to retrieve it as part of your professional development log or performance review.
If you’ve completed both your pre-course and post-course self-audits, are there any observations about your progress you’d like to share? Add to the comments below.
© National STEM Learning Centre