Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Mapper: Navigating Digital Career Tools
Help your students make more informed choices about their future
The job market has changed beyond all recognition over the last decade. On this course, you’ll learn how to better support your students as they make their way into the workplace.
You’ll explore a range of digital career tools available to help save your students’ time and make their transition into work easier, from work experience opportunities to employer engagement.
You’ll learn how to help your students understand the modern job market, and also improve your school or college’s career guidance offering so your students can make well-researched decisions about their future.
- How the world of work is changing and why we need to change with it
- How digital tools will help young people to develop skills they will need in the future to succeed
- What digital tools are available to help you, where you can access them and how to use them
- How you can start to apply this now and make the changes that so desperately need to happen
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Compare your own experiences and journey in the world of work
- Reflect on the impact of changes to the world of work
- Evaluate your current careers provision and how this compares with best practice
- Assess the impact of change in your students and what can be done to mitigate this
- Reflect on what interventions are required and when
- Discuss how you could fit these interventions in to your lesson planning
- Reflect on what encounter types exist and the benefits of them
- Explore digital tools that can support you in delivering quality interventions
- Produce an action plan of how you can apply these tools
- Explore digital tools that can support careers activity outside of the classroom
- Collaborate with peers and review their action plans
- Apply your learnings and make sure that you have reflected this in your plans
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for teachers in schools seeking professional development in preparing students for the world of work.
This course is relevant for all teachers in schools and further education who’d like to better understand how their students enter employment.
The course will emphasise the rise in demand for STEM but be accessible and appealing to all educators.
Who developed the course?
Founders4Schools is an award-winning educational-tech charity working towards a vision where children and young people are given the best start in life, no matter their background. They connect children and young people with inspirational role models to improve their aspirations, fulfil their potential and prepare them for the rapidly changing world of work.
Endorsers and supporters
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.