Course summary: fractions, decimals and percentages
Well done! You have reached the end of fractions, decimals and percentages. Throughout the course, we explored methods to help develop a deeper understanding of these topics.
Over the last six weeks you’ve had access to:
- Video tutorials and examples of fractions, decimals and percentages applied to real problems
- Prompts to share your answers and discuss the questions in comments
- Weekly ‘practice questions’ to check your understanding
- Links to teaching resources for fractions, decimals and percentages
- End of course test to assess your understanding and application of proportional reasoning
We hope you have picked up some clear, classroom-based teaching approaches and explanations that will help your students to get to grips with these three inter-connected topics.
We’ve looked at methods for multiplying, dividing, adding and subtracting with fractions, decimals and percentages. We have explored how to convert between fractions, decimals and percentage and how these skills are applied across the wider mathematics curriculum.
Just a quick reminder, if you haven’t already done so, to check the worksheets that accompany each week full of questions for you to have a go at yourself.
Also, take some time to explore the recommended teaching resources that we have linked to in order to consolidate your learning from the course.
© National STEM Learning Centre