Recording your professional development
Well done for reaching this stage in the course. Over the last four weeks you’ve had access to:
- Video tutorials and examples of number problems.
- Prompts to share your answers and discuss the questions in comments.
- Weekly ‘practice questions’ to check your understanding.
- Links to teaching resources for fractions, decimals and percentages.
- End of course test to assess your understanding and application of proportional reasoning.
Review your learning
Take a moment now to complete the end of course self-audit task, to help you reflect on your learning and optionally provide feedback to STEM Learning about this course.
In the next step we’ll ask you to use your reflections to inform your next steps for professional development.
Task: complete the self-audit
- Access the self-audit task and complete it.
- At the end of the survey, click My responses.
- Click Download as PDF.
- Save the PDF where you will be able to retrieve it as a record of your CPD.
The self-audit will ask you how you feel you’ve met the learning outcomes for this course:
- Explore how the number system we use every day actually works.
- Investigate patterns created when exploring factors of numbers, multiples of numbers and prime factorisation of numbers.
- Explain when and why two negatives make a positive.
- Describe the order in which operations are performed.
- Explore a variety of different number sequences.
Now you have had a chance to think about what your next steps will be, share your action plan below. You can talk about where your teaching might develop, which CPD you will undertake next or how you will work with colleagues.
- What will you do differently in the next month?
- What will you do differently over the next term?
- What will you do differently over the next academic year?
© National STEM Learning Centre