- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study6 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $74
Basics of Network Security
Understand the threats posed to organisations' networks and how to secure them
On this course you will examine the theory and practice of network fundamentals from the defender’s and attacker’s perspectives. You will have the opportunity to use tools for networking that allow you to query services, test routing and more.
At the end of the course, you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself to a network security boot camp – can you work with a virtual networked device to make it secure?
- The basic principles of network security and cyber attacks
- Real-world security case studies
- Protecting assets
- Intrusion detection systems
- Assessing security threats from a practical and theoretical viewpoint
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the concepts of network security and cyber-attacks
- Evaluate real-world security case studies
- Apply cyber security principles to protect assets
- Assess security threats from a practical and theoretical viewpoint
Who is the course for?
The Institute of Coding supported the development of this course in response to consultation with industry representatives from the healthcare, manufacturing and automotive sectors.
This course is designed for people familiar with basic computing who want to learn about the techniques and technologies of network security.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Advance your career with a degree
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #BasicsNetworkSecurity to talk about this course on social media.