Learn more about health and wellbeing and how you can apply it to your own diet
Whether you work in nutrition or on a personal level, understanding healthy eating is hugely important. However, the information we receive around nutrition can often be complex and confusing.
With this online nutrition course, you’ll discover the scientific basis of a healthy diet, and explore current nutritional concepts and controversies.
You’ll explore the concept of health and wellbeing, why we eat what we eat and the ‘drivers’ that influence our food choices.
You’ll also uncover the truth about common nutritional myths, and the relationship between our genes and our nutritional habits.
What topics will you cover?
By the conclusion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the principle constituents of food, along with foods and dietary patterns that meet current UK based dietary recommendations and are associated with reduced risk of common chronic diseases.
- Understand and evaluate nutrition information, advertising, and news in the media.
- Apply nutrition knowledge to personal food choices and dietary patterns
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe components of a healthy diet
- Identify principles of healthy eating
- Apply principles learned to assess their own dietary intake
- Develop an understanding of good examples of evidence based research
- Calculate their own Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Explore the influences on food choice and eating behaviors
- Identify current nutrition controversies
- Discuss their own views on food and eating
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in nutrition courses or food and wellbeing.
See all FutureLearn Reviews
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLNutrition to talk about this course on social media.