What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to obesity and how it’s defined.
- Obesity portrayed in the media.
- The public’s perceptions and prejudices regarding obesity.
- How obesity is measured.
- Critical introduction to body mass index.
- Introduction to resting energy expenditure.
- Overview of the key factors that contribute to weight gain.
- How the factors that contribute to obesity can be classified and grouped.
- How weight is regulated to prevent obesity.
- Introduction to the links between obesity and ill-health.
- Overview of the key consequences of obesity.
- How healthcare consultations can be improved.
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for anyone with an interest in understanding obesity and health, including healthcare professionals.
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £49.00
Statement of Participation £19.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLobesity to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course