What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to obesity and how it’s defined.
- Obesity portrayed in the media.
- The public’s perceptions and prejudices regarding obesity.
- How obesity is measured.
- Critical introduction to body mass index.
- Introduction to resting energy expenditure.
- Overview of the key factors that contribute to weight gain.
- How the factors that contribute to obesity can be classified and grouped.
- How weight is regulated to prevent obesity.
- Introduction to the links between obesity and ill-health.
- Overview of the key consequences of obesity.
- How healthcare consultations can be improved.
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £49.00
Statement of Participation £19.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLobesity to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course