Weekly study3 hours
Caring for Older People: a Partnership Model
Discover practical ways to better support and care for older people
Ageing and some of the challenges it represents can be a daunting experience for older people, their family, friends and healthcare teams alike.
The purpose of this course is to help you better understand and address these challenges by exploring a partnership model of care that aims to build stronger and more beneficial relationships between older people and those who care for them in a variety of care settings.
In this course, we’ll introduce you to the partnership model and provide you with some practical tools and strategies for creating your own care plan.
- Ageing from the perspective of older people and those who care for them
- Principles of the partnership-centred model of care and how to apply them in a variety of settings
- The benefits of partnership-centred care for older people, their families and healthcare teams
- Practical strategies for supporting the needs and preferences of older people in positive, respectful and collaborative ways.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe partnership-centred care.
- Explain the benefits of a partnership-centred model of care for older people, their family and healthcare teams.
- Explore how partnership-centred care strategies can be developed and applied to best support the needs and preferences of older people.
Who is the course for?
This course has been created for older people and anyone involved in their care, including family members, friends, care workers and healthcare professionals. There are no special requirements for this course.
Endorsers and supporters
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.