Your Business Inspiration
What sparked your online business idea?
Many new business startups are inspired by a hobby or a passion, through solving a problem or filling a ‘gap’ in the market. This is the ‘spark’ that ignites your idea; the hard work is the oxygen that keeps it burning.
The ‘spark’ for a new online businesses could be:</br>
- Expanding your hobby, talent or skill to turn it into a business
- Branching out on own - you have built the skills and experience from working for others and now want to start your own business
- New qualifications - you have completed a qualification and now want to put your skills into practice
- The desire to be an ‘uber’ worker, working independently/freelancing across a number of businesses and industries
- An opportunity based on new technology, i.e. utilising new technology to engage with and reach a wider range of customers and deliver goods or services, such as an online buying and trading business.
- Addressing a ‘gap’ or need in the market - if you cannot find something that you need or want you may be able to build an online business to address that need or want.
Using the hashtag #RMITbusinessinspiration, share and post on Twitter an image of something that encapsulates your own business ‘spark’.
© RMIT University 2016