What are the approaches to organisation and management?
This course will develop your understanding of the main approaches to organisation and management. You will explore the importance of the historical context to the development of relevant approaches, and evaluate their applicability to different contexts.
As a result of the course, you will develop an understanding of human resource management and the role it plays within construction management. You will finish the course by exploring the factors that influence human resource management in modern construction organisations.
What topics will you cover?
- Approaches in organisations and management
- Classical approach
- Human relations approach
- Systems approach
- Contingency approach
- Other approaches of organisations and management
- Human resource management
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop an understanding of the main approaches to organisation and management
- Explore the importance of historical context to the development of different approaches
- Evaluate the applicability of different approaches to different contexts
- Develop an understanding on human resource management
- Explore the role of human resource management in construction management
- Explore the factors that influences the human resource management in modern construction organisations
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at students seeking knowledge about the approaches to organisation and management, and who wish to explore the factors that influence human resource management.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.