Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 8 hours
Find out how large construction companies differ from small and median companies
This course will develop your understanding of the importance of organisational design and structure within construction organisations. You will explore various types of organisational structures and examine the factors that influence their design.
You will develop an understanding of conflict management, exploring the difference between conflict and dispute in construction organisations, and will also evaluate the role of an organisation’s leaders in conflict management.
What topics will you cover?
- Organisation design and structure
- Types of organisational structures
- Strategic management process
- PESTEL (Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental, Legal)
- SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
- Conflict and disputes in construction
- Conflict management
- Unethical practices in construction
- Professional ethics
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at students looking to understand different types of organisational structures and the factors that influence their design. It also looks at how to manage conflicts
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.