Weekly study8 hours
Organisational Design, Structure and Processes
Find out how large construction companies differ from small and median companies
This course will develop your understanding of the importance of organisational design and structure within construction organisations. You will explore various types of organisational structures and examine the factors that influence their design.
You will develop an understanding of conflict management, exploring the difference between conflict and dispute in construction organisations, and will also evaluate the role of an organisation’s leaders in conflict management.
- Organisation design and structure
- Types of organisational structures
- Strategic management process
- PESTEL (Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental, Legal)
- SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
- Conflict and disputes in construction
- Conflict management
- Unethical practices in construction
- Professional ethics
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the importance of organisational design and structure within construction organisations
- Assess the types of organisational structures
- Explore the factors that influence the design of organisational structure
- Develop an understanding of conflict management
- Develop an understanding of the difference between conflict and dispute in construction organisations
- Identify the role of an organisation’s leaders in conflict management
- Develop an understanding of professional ethics
- Explore the unethical practices within the construction industry and the importance of ethics
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at students looking to understand different types of organisational structures and the factors that influence their design. It also looks at how to manage conflicts
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.