- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- Digital upgradeFree
Overcoming Imposter Syndrome: Identify the Patterns Undermining Your Confidence
Learn how to tackle feelings of inadequacy when transitioning to leadership
Do you ever feel like everyone else seems to know what they’re doing? Well, you’re definitely not alone!
This course will support leaders at the every stage of their management journey. It will help you identify and address negative thought and behaviour patterns that undermine your confidence, and help you to develop your own leadership style and behaviours.
Through this course, you will be empowered to recognise negative behaviours and leadership anxiety, and provided with the tools to help overcome these hurdles as and when they arise.
This course is part of our Study with Australia collection, with free upgrades and digital certificates supported by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission until 31st July, 2020. Explore more courses from leading Australian education providers.
What topics will you cover?
- The psychology behind Imposter Syndrome
- How to identify your own behaviours and feelings in order to improve them
- How to develop critical reflection skills in order to improve your approach to work
- Explore concepts of integrity in professional interactions
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Communicate your change and transformation of professional practice by drawing on knowledge and understanding effective leadership skills and behaviours.
- Demonstrate autonomy and judgement by acting on critical reflection of effective practice and integrity.
Who is the course for?
New leaders, aspiring leaders, and anyone who struggles with feelings of inadequacy in their workplace will benefit from completing this course.
Who developed the course?
USQ provides career-focused, quality on-campus and online education and has done for over 50 years. USQ has scored five stars for employability and internationalisation (QS Stars rankings, 2019) and is Australia’s No. 1 university for the highest graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide 2018-20).
- LocationToowoomba, Springfield and Ipswich in Queensland, Australia
See all FutureLearn Reviews
University of Southern Queensland are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLimposter to talk about this course on social media.