Help your students develop their literacy skills
It’s estimated that one-fifth of children living in developed countries now leave school with poor reading skills.
Reading is an important skill for all school children, as it’s the key to accessing all areas of the curriculum.
On this course, you’ll learn how to help 8-14 year old students improve their literacy skills, by using the peer tutoring method.
You’ll explore the evidence that supports the use of this technique and apply it to your own practice.
You’ll learn how to use the peer tutoring method to develop your students’ social skills.
You’ll get access to a set of downloadable resources.
What topics will you cover?
- Use of a paired reading as a pedagogic technique in educational or non-educational settings
- Evidence that supports the use of peer tutoring as a means to improve reading
- Explore participants own experiences of using peer learning
- The technique of paired reading
- How to structure peer tutoring in reading
- How to establish peer tutoring in reading in educational/childcare settings
- The benefits of using peer tutoring to promote learning
- Understanding the research behind peer tutoring
- Developing social and communications skills for and through peer learning
- Planning and trouble shooting advice to embed paired reading in an educational or non-educational setting
Upgrade - $79
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLPeerTutoring to talk about this course on social media.