Why join the course?
Over four weeks, you’ll develop your knowledge of simple electronics and computing, setting up your Raspberry Pi and writing your first program using the Python programming language.
You’ll apply your newfound knowledge to a series of challenges, including controlling an LED with Python, using a button press to control a circuit, and making a button and LED game.
If you’re a teacher, you’ll also have the chance to develop ideas for using the Raspberry Pi and Python in your classroom, and to connect with a network of other educators.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to the Raspberry Pi computer. Explore setting up the Raspberry Pi hardware and software and booting your Pi for the first time.
- Write your first simple Python program, and make a simple reaction game.
- Consider the importance of success and failure when learning.
- Discover how simple circuits work, how to connect an LED to your Raspberry Pi, and how to switch your LED on and off using Python code to create light sequences.
- Understand different kinds of input devices that can be used to sense the real world. Connect and take input from a simple button, and learn how to build your own buttons from simple craft materials.
- Apply your knowledge about physical computing to create a digital making project that is shared with and reviewed by your peers.
Upgrade - $44
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #Picademy to talk about this course on social media.