Reflecting on your professional development
Well done for reaching the final part of the course, where you’ll review your learning and record your professional development. Jane and Mark will record their reflections of the course discussions and will upload their video above. We’ll let you know by email when it’s available. Do take a look as if they’ve asked for your consent, your comments might be included!
This step focuses on your reflection grids and revisits your self-audit tasks. In the next step you’ll be able to ask any outstanding questions directly to the course authors (or if you are joining us later, watch their responses to other learners). The final step of the course explains how to claim your STEM Certificate and the next steps for your professional development.
Final reflection grid
Take a moment now to complete your final weekly reflection grid for this course.
Your reflecting grids and your self-audit provide useful evidence to record and show your professional development. You can take any remaining questions from your reflection grids to the Q&A on the next step.
Now you have completed the course, you should be able to:
- Identify students’ starting points and how to plan to move them forward successfully
- Demonstrate how to make evidence informed judgements about your students
- Apply a range of approaches to respond and adapt teaching during and in between lessons
- Develop your planning for flexibility and evidence collecting opportunities, including addressing difficult areas and misconceptions
If you haven’t focused on all these outcomes, we welcome you to take the course again in the future. The self-audit task below will help you assess your progress against these outcomes.
How has your practice changed?
Re-visit the self-audit task from the start of the course. The post-course self-audit will help you consider how your practice and thinking about Planning for Learning: Formative Assessment have changed.
- Access the self-audit task and complete it.
- At the end of the survey, click My responses.
- Click Download as PDF.
- Save the PDF where you will be able to retrieve it as evidence of your development on this course.
Based upon your responses, you may have identified where you wish to focus your professional development next. We’ll help you to find your next CPD activity in the final step of the course.
After completing the reflection tasks above, identify one aspect of your practice you have developed the most and one aspect you wish to further develop. Share these in the comments below.
© National STEM Learning Centre