Use Point Prevalence Surveys (PPS) to combat antibiotic resistance.
Point Prevalence Surveys (PPS) are an important tool for healthcare professionals to use to assess and improve antibiotic prescribing locally, nationally and globally.
This online course - led by experts from the British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (BSAC) - looks at their use. You’ll discover the importance of measuring antibiotic consumption and how PPS can help.
You’ll look at the steps required to conduct a PPS, including what data to collect and why, how to analyse, present and learn from it. You’ll also evaluate the limitations of PPS.
What topics will you cover?
- The importance of measurement in antimicrobial stewardship programmes.
- The benefits of conducting a PPS.
- The types of data collected.
- The importance of feedback of results to drive improvements in antibiotic prescribing.
- Key messages from success stories across the globe.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for healthcare professionals who are responsible for infection management.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLpointprevalencesurveys to talk about this course on social media.