Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Preparing to Learn Online at University
Improve your online study skills and get academic online learning tips
Learning online is very different from learning in an on-campus classroom and often involves independent study.
On this course, you will explore and learn about various different approaches to online learning.
You’ll develop practical skills that will enable you to become an effective online learner at a university level.
You’ll discover methods for collaborating and communicating online effectively and learn the best practice for conducting online research.
By the end of the course, you’ll have mastered the independent study skills and tools for online learning that work for you.
- Study skills and independent study techniques.
- Communicating online in a learning environment.
- Collaborating effectively with others when learning online.
- Using online research in your University study.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop effective online learning strategies that work for you.
- Produce useful and reflective notes to support your study.
- Contribute meaningfully to online learning discussions.
- Develop the skills to lead productive collaborative work online.
- Explore tools and approaches to find, evaluate and use online information to inform and develop your own opinion.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for undergraduate and postgraduate university students who need advice and tips on how to take their university studies online.
Please note this course will run without facilitation.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.